Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fun with Vista, XP and Printers


So silly me to think my Vista laptop would mesh with my XP desktop..in trying (for several hours) to get my laptop to print to a shared printer connected to my XP desktop, all I could get was "Access Denied - can connect to printer". So after looking in Windows and MS help (no value) I went out on the internet in search of a solution, and finally found one - and oh by the way, a really simple one, that anyone who tried to apply logic would never come up with. Anyway, if you have a vista computer and can't connect to a networked printer, here is the hint:



Add it as a local printer, but select "new port" and type in the path of the printer. Bingo. Nothing else will work (believe me, I tried)

Mobile post sent by rcow using Utterz Replies.  mp3

No comments: